108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NetRaid Driver - NT4

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dennis Derecho
Occasional Contributor

NetRaid Driver - NT4

Any ideas why the NT4 installation will not recognize the HP NetRaid Controller?

We find that we have to install NT4 on an HP LH3r server with a NetRaid controller for a specific application. I have downloaded the latest available driver from HP. After going through the boot-up process with the NT4 CD I specify additional drivers and load the NetRaid driver from floppy disk. The system reads the floppy drive and, in addition to the CD-ROM, adds the NetRaid driver. When I attempt to continue I receive an error that no drives are present.
Alternatively I can boot a Win98 floppy, run FDISK, create a partition <4096MB and boot to the C: drive without error.
3 REPLIES 3
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Dennis,

Here's the problem, you're booting to the NT CD. For some reason, after you specify the NetRAID Driver from the diskette, setup still reverts back to the driver on the CD.

Here's the solution: Use the 3 NT boot floppies, you can create them by running this command off the cd:
i386\winnt.exe /ox
i386\winnt32.exe /ox (if run from a windows environment)

When you boot to the first disk, you will briefly see the prompt for to specify 3rd party drivers. When it's done copying the executive from the diskettes, you can specify by pressing "S".
Specify the NetRAID Driver from the diskette, then do another Specify but instead of choosing the diskette, scroll "UP" the list (which will be hidden) and choose the ATAPI IDE CDROM (ver. 1.2) from the list.

Continue your install as normal.

Hope this helps, let us know,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Dennis Derecho
Occasional Contributor

Hello Sean,

Thanks for the response. I'm sorry to say that I asked someone to try the 3-disk method and was told that it didn't work. I have now tried it myself and, yes, the NT installation recognized both the NetRaid driver and the disk drives.

Thank You!,
Dennis
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Dennis,

I'm glad that worked out for you. Please feel free to assign points to the responses rating their value.

Take care,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.