Operating System - HP-UX
1754397 Members
2896 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Binary distribution and application management scripts.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Roberto Volsa
Frequent Advisor

Binary distribution and application management scripts.

Hello ,
i would like to know if, when we perform cmapplyconf, the binaries generated and distributed contain information of scripts different from the ascii and control file of the package.
This is for changing configuration of the application in HA environnment whitout recompile cluster every time.
Thank
4 REPLIES 4
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: Binary distribution and application management scripts.

Please try explaining in a litle more detail what you are attempting to do, and the result you are attempting to acheive
This may help us to help you.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Roberto Volsa
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
i would like to cmapplyconf only once.
In the control script i inserted services which refer to a monitor script ????.mon.
After the cmapplyconf i wont to change ????.mon files whitout rebiuld the cluster (cmapplyconf).
Is it possible?
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

If you are running ServiceGuard 11.xx, orr 10.10 and above, you can do various package reconfigurations by simply cmapply'ing the package changes on-line.
It will depend on what you need to change, but a good place to start would be:

http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/B3936-90065/B3936-90065.html

particularly the table in chapter 7:
Reconfiguring a Package

where there is a table describing various changes that can be made with cluster running.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Roberto,

Adding a SERVICE statement requires a cmapplyconf as you noted. Changes made to the package control script other than the SERVICE statements and the SUBNET statements are NOT referenced in the cluster binary file, and are not checked in a cmapplyconf. Therefore modifying other references in the package control script will not require a cmapplyconf.

You can edit the .mon script w/o a new cmapplyconf.

-s.