108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Secure Web Console buffer

SOLVED
Go to solution
Raymond Cordoni
Occasional Advisor

Secure Web Console buffer

I am using Secure Web Console for the first time on an HP A500 server. I have setup Secure Web Console with VT100 emulation and it appears to work OK - except for one problem - I can't seem to access the buffer to see information that has scrolled off the screen. When I click on "Get History" it very quickly scrolls the infomation in the console window but does not let me scroll up. I can't find anything in the (almost nonexistant) documentation other than a reference to a STOP key (Shift-F12) which does not do anything. Does anybody know how to get this to work. I need to be able to see some boot up error messages that have scrolled away.

Ray Cordoni
City of Richmond
4 REPLIES 4
Jens Ebert
Frequent Advisor

Sorry no answer, but I face the same problem and are looking forward to an answer.

We also have a lot of screen-update problems when we enlarge the console window to full screen. Any comment on this?
Raymond Cordoni
Occasional Advisor

Just to let anybody know that is waiting for an answer here - I have decided to use the LAN console instead of the secure web console. This works a lot better. I am using WRQ Reflection's telnet program and it has many good features including a scroll buffer so I can scroll back through the complete boot up messages.
Jay Colson

F6 pauses output
Steve Lincz
Solution

The vt100 emulation currently does not have a scroll bar feature - this is forth coming in a firmware update.

You can try using the hp2392a emulation which should give you scroll bars.

If that does not work, try F6 or Shift-F12 to pause the text.
View : http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/hw/swc/0004JB/termdecvt.htm
No question is dumb if you don't know the answer.