New Discussion юеВ

Re: Still nothing.....

SOLVED
Go to solution
LB4
Valued Contributor
Solution

If you connect a terminal to the console port does it work ?
Also you can reset the secure web console, to the factory defaults, by removing the power, holding down the led/button on the front, applying power and then releasing the led/button.
LB4
Valued Contributor

Tommy Brown
Respected Contributor

I had this happen to me on a K250 recently, the conclusion was the console port on the Core I/O board was defective. It was as if I had a defective keyboard.. no command would work either in console or maint mode..
I know this is no help, but it was a hardware problem..
Tommy
I may be slow, but I get there !
Stace Prieston

I had a similiar problem when I was installing my server. Try changing the keyboard and try to re-install. It worked for me.

Stace
GO Trojans GO
BHegarty
Advisor

Hi guys, good news!! I had the cable connected to remote cable as I was telneting & when I changed to the console cable it worked fine!!!!
So thanks a million for all your help, everything is as it should be now.
Thanks again
Babs
all things come to those who wait..
Luis Miguel Parra Chica
Occasional Advisor

Hi BHegarty,

Why don't you try this???
I can remember a situation like this I passed with a remote console connected to a k380 server: impossible to write a word but I was able to telnet from several systems on the network. I checked all the console configuration & nothing was wrong. The solution was certain process running on my system was locking the console ( NOT a HW problem ). I can't remember its name but it was something like *lock* or *lck*.
I hope this helps you.
Luis
Touching that is DANGEROUS