New Discussion юеВ

Re: Tool/System for System Monitoring, Modeling & Capacity Planning

SOLVED
Go to solution
f. halili
Trusted Contributor

Tool/System for System Monitoring, Modeling & Capacity Planning

Hello everyone,

We currently are looking for tools that will do - System Monitoring, Modeling & Capacity Planning. What do you guys use?

I know this may be too much, and it may be a combination of many tools, but I like to get an idea on things that work, & not look at the others that don't.

Something that will give you an overall picture of the enterprise, let's you trouble shoot system bottlenecks, database bottlenecks, application & web bottlenecks from clients, the whole picture & drilldown possible. Also will give you historical data, and use this data for modeling & capacity plannning.

Thanks,
f. halili
derekh
3 REPLIES 3
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

HP has some good products, they are cost products though.

Glance - will give real time picture of health, be it network, CPU, memory, disks

PerfView, or PerfMon (whatever they are calling it nowadays)
this will provide historical data, can be used to assist in trending analysis

NNM, ITO - these can provide some real time monitoring of systems

All of these will work in an enterprise.
f. halili
Trusted Contributor

Hi Rick,

I manage the HPUX servers, but the product that management want's as well would like to cover the WIN servers as well. What do you suggest for that end?

thanks,
f. halili
derekh
DavidJ
Regular Advisor
Solution

Fred,

Have a look at Big Brother/Sister. We are currently busy setting this up to monitor our environment which consists of HP-UX Microsoft and Linux servers. You have the ability to drill down on events and can also extract historical data.

So far we have covered most of our Unix and Linux servers and I am impressed with the ease of the installation and acuracy of the displays.

Good Luck

David
Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.