New Discussion

Error : page fault in nonpaged area ql2300i.sys

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thanks1
Occasional Contributor

Error : page fault in nonpaged area ql2300i.sys

Hi Everyone, 

Allow me to share with you an error I encounter while installing Windows server 2019 Datacenter on a DL380 Gen10 server.
I tried to install this version of Windows twice and after the installation, when the server restarts, there is a blue screen that appears with the following error message:
page fault in nonpaged area ql2300i.sys

please, do you have solution to share with me to resolve this issue? 

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Error : page fault in nonpaged area ql2300i.sys

Hi,

Ql2300i.sys is the driver for the QLA2300 adapter.
For Bluescreen issues we usually recommend to update the driver of the said hardware.
QLogic / Marvell Driver Download

Also do check if this card is compatible with Windows 2019 server.
If you are not using the card, you can try removing the card and booting the server.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro
Solution

May I know how you are doing OS installation, using intelligent provisioning, or direct through OS media?
If you are doing OS installation through intelligent provisioning, then update the intelligent provisioning to the latest and later deploy the OS.

Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media for Gen10 and Gen10 Plus
https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/softwaredetails?language=en_US&softwareId=MTX_7630cc05f58a4a309cfebf396d&tab=releaseNotes

Else try the OS installation through intelligent provisioning and share the observation.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Thanks1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Suman_1978, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Thanks1
Occasional Contributor

@AmRa 

Hi AmRa, 

Thansks for your reply. I have tried both methods:  doing OS installation, using intelligent provisioning and direct through OS media. 

Actually the problem is resolved. 

I was installing the OS on a logical unit configured in Raid 1 which had a size of 2.4TB. when I reduced my logical drive size to be less than 1TB, the installation was successful.
Thank you for your assistance.