Juke Box Error HW/FW Mismatch

after replace the PCA Board , i received an error in the fromt panel screen
HW/FW Mismatch
any adivise
9 REPLIES 9
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Juke Box Error HW/FW Mismatch

I do not know which JB you are working on, but a wide series of JB use the same PCA board, and they have a basic FW on it, when installed, a FW flash with the appropriate version is needed

Marino
MMostafa
Advisor

i have Juke Box 660ex , my issue , how can i update the Firmware in this case.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Can you explain also which PCA board di you replaced? (controller, interposer, ....)
marino
MMostafa
Advisor

i replaced 1st the PCA board and then i replaced the interposer board .
i replaced two boards.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

with PCA board I think you mean Robotic controller PCA board.
This have FW onboard, and also the enquiry sting.
You can use LTT to check the unit, and eventualy correct the enquiry string if it do not match the JukeBox you are using, them a FW update if necessary could be performed

marino
MMostafa
Advisor

dear , i cannot use LTT becouse the Jukebox is not ready .
it is appeared hunged
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

even if the device appear hung, on the scsi bus an unknown device appear,

Load LTT, and apply the service password (to be requested to the HP support)

There is then an option to flash the fw even if the device is not recognized, obviously you should select the correct fw to flash, because with this option there is no control from the tool, and you should have the fw file loaded in the directory FW in ltt programm

after this operation the library will came back as ready

marino
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

That message means that your library controller has firmware for a UDO library but is installed in an MO library.

If you had HP support replace the controller it is the wrong one and they need to replace it with the correct controller.

If you are trying to repair an out of warrenty library and got a controller from another source it may be possible to make this one work.

First of all see if the library shows up on the bios scan. If it does the the option mentioned above for getting an L&TT password and downloading the correct firmware will work.

UDO firmware can not control the SCSI ID settings of the drives so depending on the drive configuration it is possible that you have a SCSI ID conflict in which case the device won't work correctly and usually won't even show up on the BIOS scan. In that case you have to remove the back panels and disconnect all of the SCSI cables from the drive can's to the interposer boards and then power cycle.

There is also an interface board on that library which the UDO firmware can not control. That board normally will boot up in a mode that allows SCSI access to the library controller but so configuration settings will put that board in a mode that is not compatible with the UDO controller. If you are unable to talk to the controller after disconnecting the SCSI cables to the drives then the interface board is not in the right mode and you will have to get a SCSI cable and connect directly to the controller.

For all the options the recovery path is the same once you can communicate with the controller. Call HP, get an L&TT password, manually select the firmware file (make certain it is the right one) and then download.

Good Luck.
MMostafa
Advisor

thanks all
i update the FW , using LTT and the password recovery from HP Support center