New Discussion юеВ

DL380 Gen10 - 24SFF chassis SAS connections

SOLVED
Go to solution
tprice16
Established Member

DL380 Gen10 - 24SFF chassis SAS connections

Morning everyone,

I wonder if someone more experienced in DL hardware can help me.

We have a customer with an HP DL380 (24 SFF chassis). We are looking to add additional drives into the server for expansion, but in order to quote the customer I need to know if ALL the 24 slots are cabled if the server is ordered as a 24SFF chassis from the factory?

There are only 8x disks populated at the moment and lifting the lid to check if the 2x additional backplanes are actually connected could be problematic during the day.

Chassis model is 868704-B21

Any help much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: DL380 Gen10 - 24SFF chassis SAS connections

System recommended content:

1. HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server - Option Parts

2. HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server User Guide

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

tprice16
Established Member

Re: Query: DL380 Gen10 - 24SFF chassis SAS connections

Unfortunately the system automated response didn't answer my question - I understand i 'can' populate with the correct chassis components, but if the system COMES with 24 SFF bays when built, would it have all the necessary cabling to allow those extra 16 bays to work? 8 disks currently installed in the first bay.

Tam92
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 Gen10 - 24SFF chassis SAS connections

Hello,

Please refer to the quickspecs of the server Under configuration information 

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00008180enw.html?jumpid=in_pdp-psnow-qs

The drive cage is included in the chassis as per the model. However in order to use more than 8 drives , you would need to use a SAS expander. SAS expander will have additional cabling required which needs to be done after connecting SAS expander.

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/DL380_Gen10/setup_install/GUID-41BE8B1D-FCBB-4F35-BFFA-BAC8A6B3B5F1.html

Thanks,

TAM

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

tprice16
Established Member
Solution

Re: DL380 Gen10 - 24SFF chassis SAS connections

Thanks for the response on this.

I've since been to the customer and lifted the lid on the server. It has all connections populated to allow 24 drives to be installed. The SAS expander i was aware was in the server, but i needed to confirm the cables actually existed between the cage and the expander. I have quoted the customer for the additional drives.

Thanks for the help,

Tim