2683 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO5 firmware update to version 2.72

thomaspunktelf
Advisor

iLO5 firmware update to version 2.72

Hello,

there`s a new iLO5 firmware version available 2.72. One of the dependencies is upgrading Intelligent Provisioning to version 3.80, but as far as I can see, IP must be upgraded offline.

Does I understand that right, I need to do an offline update for all our servers to update iLO to the current version? Or is there any way to update IP online?

kind regards

Tom

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: iLO5 firmware update to version 2.72

Hi,

Yes, for iLO version, the IP has to be updated.
Updating Intelligent Provisioning using ISO Recovery Media

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jkrull
Regular Visitor

So for those that have 10s, 100s, or 1000s of servers each one needs to be rebooted to an ISO.  There's no automated way of doing it?

If you don't use intelligent provisioning, do you still need to update it to get to iLo 2.7.2?

Also you can't update the Intelligent Provisioning when your iLO is in High Security Mode.  There's got to be a way to automate this.

ManBha
HPE Pro

Hello,

Yes, the IP needs to be updated offline.

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

thomaspunktelf
Advisor

Hello,

there`s no way for us to update IP for all servers immediately, we have >2.000 Gen10 Servers.
What happens if we update iLO to v2.72 without updating IP?
- IP isn`t work anymore?
- any effects to the iLO or the Redfish API of the iLO?

kind regards

Tom