SOLVED
Go to solution
Chanklish
Frequent Advisor

smart array p430 problem

hello i have an ml350p gen8 server with a smart array p430 2 GB raid card

I have one array raid 5 with 2 logical drive

i have 2 errors stuck and i cant arrange them :

error 785 : Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on logical drive 1. If background parity initialization is queued, it will start when I/O is performed on the drive. When background parity initialization completes, the performance of the logical drive will improve.

and same for logical drive 2

I copied data , upgraded all drivers and firmware , changed strip size , copied more than 10 TB of data ,rebooted , etc .. same issue

transofrmation and rebuild are on the highest priority .. this has been more than 5 days

please advise

7 REPLIES 7
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Re: smart array p430 problem

Greetings!

Was there any changes made before the issue started? 

In the Smart Storage Administrator, please check if the initialization percentage/Progress counter is incrementing and not halted. 

Check the cache read/write settings. 

Please ensure the controller is running latest driver/firmware revision. The drives are on latest revision. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Chanklish
Frequent Advisor

hello

this issue is from the begining 

card firmware : 5.02 

there is no percentage , only 2 active tasks ( logical drive 1 and logical drive 2 is undergoing parity initializtion ) and 2 status messages : background parity initialization is currently queued 

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

Ideally, this is not an error per se but an indication that a parity based logical drive is undertaking background parity initialization. However as you said, this issue is there from the beginning then I think it needs further investigation. Sometimes underlying hardware issues can also cause this. You may log a support case with the logs so that the issue can be further investigated. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Chanklish
Frequent Advisor

hello

can i open a case if my warranty is expired ?

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

You may try contacting support using drop down menu on the left and check for options if you product is out of warranty. 

https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/?language=en_US

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
Chanklish
Frequent Advisor
Solution

setting Surface Scan Analysis priority to high solved the issue

Parity was finished , I have no more messages

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Chanklish

Great! We are glad to know the problem has been resolved.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo