New Discussion

NVMe drives and PCIe 4 ports NVMe card not detected

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scarafa
Occasional Collector

NVMe drives and PCIe 4 ports NVMe card not detected

Hello,

I have an issue with a few new DL380gen10, and the NVMe riser card installed on the Tertiary PCIe slot.

My issue is that the card and two drives are not being detected. My servers are equipped with one CPU. Is there a way to avoid the second CPU and have the riser functional? 

I have 11 machines and don't need the second CPU, so I would like to save some costs. 

3 REPLIES 3
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: NVMe drives and PCIe 4 ports NVMe card not detected

Hello,

I see that you require to use the tertiary riser, with only processor installed in slot 1. The design of the HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server shows that the tertiary riser is processed by the processor installed in slot 2. Please refer to section Standard Features > Tertiary Riser in the server's QuickSpecs for further information.

Hence, to use the tertirary riser, you need a processor installed in processor slot 2 as well.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Scarafa
Occasional Collector

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Is there a way to add 2 NVMe drives without 2nd CPU if the primary riser is already used to handle 25Gbs NICs

Sebasbin
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

Kindly refer below server quick specs and Riser Guide for more information's

QuickSpecs-HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/a00008180ENUS.pdf (page 51)

HPE PROLIANT DL380 GEN10 RISER OPTIONS

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00043229enw?jumpid=in_lit-psnow-red (page 14)

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo