New Discussion юеВ

LPr Netserver: Post errors.

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA880192
Occasional Contributor

LPr Netserver: Post errors.

Hi
we have LPr netserver 800 Mhz running W2KAS.When the server starts and run POSt, it reports 2 errors
1. 0080-51:Netserver Management controller selftest failure.
2. 0090-64: DIMM Management Failure.
If we press F1 it continues.We have tried by replacing system board but the errors remain same.Similiarly we have upgraded BIOS but the same result.
How can we remove this error?
The managment controller connectivity is from the I/O riser card. could this be an I/O riser card problem?
6 REPLIES 6
amhakassa
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: LPr Netserver: Post errors.

Hi there,

The following instructions are most likely to solve the issue

1. Creat a DOS 6.22 Boot floppy (also available www.Bootdisk.com)
2.download the latest BIOS from this link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=18328&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50457тМй=en&cc=us&swEnvOID=54#326
Creat a bootable disk by doubl clicking the downloaded BIOS file
3.Boot from the DOS 6.22 boot floppy
4.take the DOS 6.22 Disk out and switch it with the BIOS diskette
5.Run the following files from the BIOS diskette in the following order;

flashmmc lprra_us.bin
(The process is a background process so you won't see any interactive screen. You wait until you get the DOS propmt (A:\>) back

sdredit -w -f list_lpr.sdr

Follow the instruction
6.Reboot the server with the BIOS diskette still in the floppy disk drive and follow the on screen instruction

7. on the next reboot get in to BIOS setup by pressing F2 and save the default settings (If you have any custom setting make sure you have the BIOS setup as it was before) then Press F10 to save and Exit

This should solve the problem

Regards
Amha Kassa
CA660088
Frequent Advisor

I have also seen this error with a Non-HP DIMM installed in the Box or a DIMM that has ECC issues. On one particular LPr we found a customer had installed two different types of Non-HP 1Gb DIMMS.
CA880192
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Everybody,

i have updated the BIOS and after upgrade the issues have been resolved.

Thanks.
CA880192
Occasional Contributor

Hi Amha,
After upgrading the BIOS the POST errors have been eliminated but another problem has risen. The server has started hanging. Now i am trying to re-install the Windows 2000 advance server it just hangs when it reaches to "windows is starting up" portion during the installation.I have tried by installaing Netserver Navigator Cd and also by manually installation but the result is the same. can u further guide if there is any known issue? Before upgraing the BIOS the server was working and no hanging problem existed but now it has this problem.
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Anwar,

have you cleared the CMOS after you flsahed the BIOS?

If not do clear the CMOS as follows,

If you have any Custom BIOS settings take a note of that on a pieces of paper and keep it handy

1. Turn off power to the HP NetServer, and unplug the power cord. Remove the front bezel and top cover.

2. Refer to the Technical Reference Card inside the top cover. Move the configuration memory switch, switch 5 on the system board, to the "ON = CLEAR CONFIG" position.

The system switches are located on the system board, near the VRM and CMOS Battery.

3. Plug in the power cord, and turn on power to the HP NetServer. The following message is displayed:

"The configuration has been cleared. Set the Clear Config switch to the OFF position before rebooting."

4. Turn off power to the HP NetServer and unplug the power cord.

5. Return switch 5 on the system board to the OFF position.

6. Replace the top cover, and the front bezel, then plug in the power cord.

7. Turn on power to the HP NetServer LPr. The error message may be displayed:

"0012-34 : Incorrect System Configuration"

8. Press the key to run the Setup utility.

9. Make any configuration changes that are required (If you have a custom setting make sure they are the same as it was before).

10. Press the function key and answer Yes to save the configuration, then exit the Setup utility.

Let me know if this fix the problem or not

Regards
Amha Kassa
CA1028550

Is the I/O riser card part number:
D6129-69000

Thanks,

Jeremy