New Discussion

ILO Amplifier Pack on separate network: ILO and management ESXi/vCenter

SOLVED
Go to solution
AlexandreRO
Collector

ILO Amplifier Pack on separate network: ILO and management ESXi/vCenter

Hello everyone, 

I need some informations about ILO Amplifier pack network configuration with HSM to update ESXi. Is it possible to have ILO amplifier pack with 2 NIC for separate network ? One for ILO ESXi  (dedicated network) and the other to communicate with the vCenter and ESXi management network which is dedicated too ? 

I find this supported configuration with 2 NICs but it not concern my problem: 

Document - iLO Amplifier Pack 2.12 User Guide | HPE Support : page 22

NOTE: Access to two NICs are provided intentionally to enable iLO Amplifier Pack to connect to two separatenetworks; one network to connect to iLO over https connections and another to connect to the Internet to accessemail or IFTTT services. If Internet access is available through the management network, then the second NIC canbe disabled

6 REPLIES 6
support_s
System Recommended

Query: ILO Amplifier Pack on separate network

System recommended content:

1. iLO Amplifier Pack

2. Advisory: HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) Amplifier Pack - iLO Amplifier Pack Becomes Unresponsive During Server Delete Action

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

ManBha
HPE Pro

Re: ILO Amplifier Pack on separate network: ILO and management ESXi/vCenter

Hello,

Yes, as suggested the 2 NICs can be used to connect the iLO Amplifier Pack to 2 separate networks.

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

AlexandreRO
Collector

Hello, 

Can you confirm that the two separates networks could be ILO and ESXI/vCenter management and its supported?

ManBha
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

one network to connect to iLO over https connections and another to connect to the Internet to accessemail or IFTTT service. 

ESXI/vCenter management might not be supported on the second network connection.

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

AlexandreRO
Collector

Hello, 

So one NIC must be mutualized to join the ILO interface and the vCenter/ESXi management interface ? it's right ?

ManBha
HPE Pro

Hello,

Yes.

Thanks.

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo