I even had it try to run notepad.exe.

Help...please.

Dave

dclausse@scgov.net
3 REPLIES 3
Michael Sheehan
Solution

Re: Cannot execute custome command in HPSIM

There's two threads on this forum with answer that should help, but I'll reiterate here.

1) Make sure you're logging into SIM and the machine with the same username you used to install SIM (and that the SIM server is running as)

2)Try opening ssh (assuming on windows) From the command prompt:
> ssh username@servername
(type yes)
(type password)
All should be good. If you didn't get one of those prompts, there's a problem with SSH.

3) MXAGENTCONFIG:
> mxagentconfig
Enter appropriate info in GUI and 'connect' - it should be successful

Good luck,
Mike
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Specifically, when hpSIM is trying to call OpenSSH on the hpSIM central management server it is not able to be authenticated (keys don't match).

1. Run through the "Windows 2003 workaround" instructions in the README file (even if you are on W2K)...

2. Re-run mxagentconfig on the central management server to make sure there is a matching key
David Claussen
Regular Advisor

Thanks to everyone. I entered the server using the "Administrator" account I used when I built the server, and I was able to run the command. After that, I "tweaked" my Telalert command for two hours and finally got HPSIM to send an email, via Telalert, automatically. By the way, you cannot use " < or > " in your parameters.

My last issue is the passing of variables IE: system name and so on. I will check the forum for that info.

Thanks again for the help!!