1755655 Members
2337 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cluster Monitor

Steven J. Marty_2
Frequent Advisor

If you put the names of the clusters in lowercase, it seems to work around the problem.
RickL
Frequent Advisor

The lower case thing doesn't seem to work for me. Still waiting for HP to respond to the case I opened.

Has the lower case names worked for others?
Steven J. Marty_2
Frequent Advisor

It worked for me.
Haggisnneeps2
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

I think i just solved this myself. Its now working on my server and WOW! does it work well when it does

I focused all my energy on getting the SNMP on the TARGET cluster servers right. After a few attempts, as soon as i went to the system properties within SIM for that server, it automatically had set itself as the MSCS cluster type, discovered all the nodes NIC and resources by itself

SNMP settings on TARGET server:
General, Logon and recovery as defaults
Agent tab only applications and end-to-end ticked
Ignore Traps & Dependencies
In Security tab, make sure your SIM server is in the accept box

Then go back to the SIM server go to Options, SystemProperties>Set System properties
Select all your cluster nodes and servers and set them back to "servers"

Then pick whichever is your quorum node name or ip. go to set system properties for it again, and this time make it a cluster ONLY (never mind the other bits like MSCS etc) and apply it

After doing this on mine, it then suddenly started to work on all of the rest of my clusters!!! Go figure!
Haggisnneeps2
Frequent Advisor

Sorry, Please ignore everything i said in my last entry. I cannot replicate this for any other clusters. Looks like it just started working on its own and nothing i was doing at the time had any bearing on it. Now i cant get it to NOT work for that particular cluster no matter what i do but i cant get it to WORK on 2 other clusters.
Haggisnneeps2
Frequent Advisor

if i run "verify system" on the clusters that dont work, the output contains this message:

Running SNMP base Cluster identification using common cluster MIB.
This was not a system with the common cluster MIBs supported.

If i run this on the working cluster, this reads:
Running SNMP base Cluster identification using common cluster MIB.
This system has the common cluster MIBs and was identified as a cluster.
RickL
Frequent Advisor

I inquired as to the status of the case I opened with HP on this issue. I was told:

"...the fix for this issue will be included in SIM 5.2.2.0 which should be out mid-August."
JasonWoerner
Frequent Advisor

I'm having the same issue. I've got SIM v5.2 SP2 installed. I see that HP claims an August release would fix the issue. That obviously did not occur. Anyone with news?
karim h
Valued Contributor

Hi Steve
Have you done each of the following steps on the cluster nodes:

1. ENABLE CLUSTER MONITORING IN MANAGEMENT AGENTS

Go to >Start>Control Panel>HP Management Agents

Move Clustering Information into the Active Agents section

2. UPDATE PATHNAME TO CLUSTERAGENT IN REGISTRY

Go to >Start>regedit>HKLM\SOFTWARE\Compaq\CompaqCommonClusterAgent

Modify PATHNAME key to equal "%SystemRoot%\System32\svrclu.dll"

3. Restart the server

4. Remove/Re-discovery/Re-identity cluster nodes and also the cluster VIP.

This worked for me on Windows 2003 X64 R2 SP2 cluster nodes.

Karim
FrankW
Frequent Advisor

I have (several times) removed and re-added the Cluster agent from the control panel/HP management agents configuration in an attempt to resolve problems.

In my case, there is no CompaqCommonClusterAgent branch at all. If there is supposed to be one, what is the exact branch and keyname for the path?