New Discussion юеВ

DLT7000 is not responding

SOLVED
Go to solution
Srinivas_14
Occasional Contributor

DLT7000 is not responding

Hi,

I switched off my DLT tape drive and after I powered it on the "tape in use" light is flashing. After that I ejected the tape and now all the lights on the DLT tape drive are flashing. If I run ioscan -fnC tape it shows the DLT tape drive but could not run the backups on it. Any ideas why all the lights on the DLT are flashing.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
CA756694
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT7000 is not responding

I know that when a DLT8000 flashes all of it's LED's then it's got a temperature problem.

Either the cooling fans aren't working, or they are blocked.

it can also mean that the ambient temp of the enviroment is out of spec. Although that's not likely if you have powered it up cold as would take a little while to heat up.

of course, that LED could also be symptomatic of something more serious.

take a look at the fans first.

cheers

John
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
BR679683
Advisor

If all the right lights are flasing this is a indication of a broken ore not in please leader,
If you have a hartweare contract you can ask a engenier to put the leader bak in please.
you can check the leader bij lokking in the dive and compart it whit a goot tapedivice... if you use the searce button on this side for leader dlt there are some goot explenations how the leader works.
CA756694
Honored Contributor
Solution

For the record the LED sequence is different for a dropped leader and you also get the flapping noise.

If your drive is out of warranty and you are desparate then you can attach the leader yourself:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=lpg50338&locale=en_US&taskId=8413&taskName=troubleshoot+a+problem&prodSeriesId=42869&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesName=hp+surestore+dlt+80+drives&docId=107528

cheers

John
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
Srinivas_14
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for all of your suggestions. It is a dropped leader problem. I was able to fix the leader myself after going through the linked doc.