1754320 Members
3271 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to wipe data on HP StoreEasy 1650

Sam-2050
Frequent Visitor

How to wipe data on HP StoreEasy 1650

We are decommissioned the Backup server HP StoreEasy 1650 what contain Veeam backup data for all the VMs.
The customer would like us to wipe all the data including configuration on this device.

Original thought about secure erase similar to HPE Nimble storage but there is no option for this model.
Much appreciated if someone can share the experience.

Reviewed the article below but not clear if  it also wipe the sensitive data on the machine.
reset HPE Store Easy 1660 to factory settings
https://community.hpe.com/t5/storevirtual-storage/reset-hpe-store-easy-1660-to-factory-settings/td-p/7123943#.ZGlT2nZByUk

4 REPLIES 4
ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Re: How to wipe data on HP StoreEasy 1650

Hi,

Restart the server and Press F9 key to launch system utilities (RBSU).
Select embedded applications
Select intelligent provisioning
Select Perform Maintenance and Select Erase in the next window.
Select secure erase.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Sam-2050
Frequent Visitor

Hi 
I'll revisit the data centre this Friday to attempt this work and update what the outcome

Sam-2050
Frequent Visitor

@ArunKKR 

Hi ArunKKR,

Sorry I couldnтАЩt do the task.
When I was onsite last Friday. The customer was agree to take all the HDDs out and wiped by using DataGone magnetic device instead of powering on the machine and run secure erase. They convince that last time I run the secure erase on Nimble storage array and took 63 hours for 12 HDD and 4 SSD to complete which over the change window.

I can give it a try when the device has been shipped back to our office in the next 2 weeks and update.
If the secure erase option is available on StoreEasy, it should work as per your instruction

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Sam-2050,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo