Array Performance and Data Protection
1756552 Members
2580 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Minimum version between replicating arrays?

SOLVED
Go to solution
cmtaylor978
Occasional Visitor

Minimum version between replicating arrays?

We are renting a second Nimble array for a little while and trying to setup replication to the array.  Is there any maximum difference in version allowed between replicating arrays?  Our primary array is v5.2.1.700, while the rental is v3.7.0.  The volume gets created on the rental, but no data transfer occurs.

Reached out to the vendor asking if they have upgrade binaries to get us more on-par, but wanted to check whether I'm wandering down the wrong road or not.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

Please check the Validated Configuration Matrix at infosight.hpe.com.

On the Support For pulldown, select Replication Support.
For the Upstream OS (doesn't matter Up or Down), select 5.2.x
The allowed versions are shown.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Satish04
HPE Pro

Hi cmtaylor978,

When setting up replication between HPE Nimble arrays, it is generally recommended to have both arrays running the same or compatible versions of the HPE Nimble OS software.
A mismatch in software versions can potentially cause compatibility issues and prevent data transfer between the arrays.

In your case, the primary array is running version 5.2.1.700, while the rental array is running version 3.7.0.
This is a significant version difference, and it is possible that the replication is not functioning due to the mismatch.

To resolve this, it is advisable to either upgrade the rental array to a compatible version that matches or is close to the version running on the primary array or downgrade the primary array to a version that is compatible with the rental array.

It is a good step that you reached out to the vendor to inquire about upgrade binaries.
They should be able to provide guidance on the compatibility of different software versions and assist you with the necessary upgrades or downgrades to establish replication between the arrays.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish

I work for HPE.
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo

cmtaylor978
Occasional Visitor

I had checked the VCM, but missed replication in the pulldown.  This confirms the version is not supported, thanks for the help.