2796 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

Lun Migration from one cluster to another cluster

TamizhSelvan22
Occasional Visitor

Lun Migration from one cluster to another cluster

Hi Team,

how to Migrate a lun from Windows server 2012 R2 cluster to Windows server 2016 cluster 

Storage : HP 3PAR 7200 Storage 

Kindly suggest on this

Regards,

Tamizh Selvan

2 REPLIES 2
Satish04
HPE Pro

Re: Lun Migration from one cluster to another cluster

Hi TamizhSelvan22,

Below are steps to migrate the LUN from one cluster to another:

1. Make sure you have a backup of all critical data on the LUN.
2. Verify that the Windows Server 2016 cluster is configured properly.
3. Make sure that the HP 3PAR storage system is accessible from both the Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016 clusters.
4. Identify the LUN that you want to migrate on Windows Server 2012 R2.
5. Ensure that there are no dependencies such as Virtual machines, applications, and other services that may be included on the LUN within the Windows Server 2012 R2 cluster.
6. Remove/disconnect the LUN from the Windows Server 2012 R2 cluster.
7. Allocate/Present the LUN to the Windows Server 2016 cluster, rescan the storage disk, and make it online.
8. Update the cluster configuration if the LUN is part of a cluster resource group.
9. The configurations of any applications or services that use the LUN should be updated to point to the new LUN location if the LUN hosts them.
10. After migration of the LUN, make sure that all applications and services that depend on the LUN in a Windows Server 2016 cluster are functioning correctly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish

I work for HPE.
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Re: Lun Migration from one cluster to another cluster

Hello @TamizhSelvan22,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo