Operating System - VMware
1756584 Members
2968 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to add the storage to the HPE storage integration pack for VMware in the admin cons

Zenab
Occasional Visitor

Unable to add the storage to the HPE storage integration pack for VMware in the admin cons

An error that i can't add the storage in the admin center for the hpe storage integration pack for vcenter after connection to storage I have checked the connectivity all is fine in (all ways )

2 REPLIES 2
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Unable to add the storage to the HPE storage integration pack for VMware in the admin cons

System recommended content:

1. HPE Storage Integration Pack for VMware vCenter 12.0 User Guide | Storage Integration Pack for VMware vCenter setup

2. HPE OneView for VMware vCenter - Troubleshooting

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unable to add the storage to the HPE storage integration pack for VMware in the admin

@Zenab 

Good day! 

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

>> Ensure that the version of the HPE Storage Integration Pack for VMware is compatible with your VMware environment. There might be compatibility issues if you are using an outdated or mismatched version.

>> Check the logs for any error messages or warnings. The logs might provide more specific information about what is going wrong. Look for logs related to both the HPE Storage Integration Pack and VMware vCenter.

>> Verify that the credentials you are using to connect to the storage are correct and have the necessary permissions. Ensure that you have the required privileges to add storage in both the VMware vCenter and HPE storage system.

>> Confirm that there are no firewall issues blocking communication between the VMware vCenter, HPE Storage, and the Admin Center. Ensure that the necessary ports are open for communication.

>> Ensure that you are using the latest version of the HPE Storage Integration Pack for VMware and that your VMware vCenter is also up to date. Software updates may include bug fixes and improvements that could address the issue.

>> Check the health status of your HPE storage system. There might be issues with the storage array that are preventing it from being added to VMware. Review the storage system logs for any errors or warnings.

>> Refer to the documentation provided by HPE for the Storage Integration Pack for VMware. 

>> If all else fails, reach out to HPE support for assistance.

Hope the shared info helps. Let me know 
These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.