3055 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion

DL320 RAID Woes

awilson
Visitor

DL320 RAID Woes

Good afternoon all,
I was informed when I bought the DL 320 that in its current config it wouldn't support drive encryption, but with the 416i-o it would. So I slapped the 416i-o in and I still can't enable drive security or see any options in the system for encrypting the drives.

With my DL360s I use the 408i-p and it works great, I go into SSA and setup encryption and move on about my day. If I go into intelligent provisioning and then SSA on the DL320 it says there are no supported raid cards.

Documentation on configuring the 416i-o isn't on google and searching HPE support just gives me the same stuff that mousing over the items in the system config does. I can't find the requirements for enabling encryption anywhere. 

As a note, I was first instructed to buy the 416-p cards only to discover the cabling doesn't work with it and I would need the 416i-o. 

Am I missing a super secret handshake somewhere?
3 REPLIES 3
Tam92
HPE Pro

Re: DL320 RAID Woes

Hello,

Please refer to the below link and check if this works

Document - HPE MR Gen11 Controller User Guide | HPE Support

Thanks,
TAM

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

awilson
Visitor

No this doesn't work. The check box for drive security remains greyed out.

--
Andrew Wilson, Network Operations Manager, Bastille Networks
awilson@bastille.io
Tam92
HPE Pro

Hello Andrew,

It would request you to Log a HPE support case. It might need the intervention from the Engineering teams as Gen11 are relatively new servers.

It would be helpful if this goes through a proper channel where experts can pitch in.

Thanks,
TAM

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo