108852 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Console command to move tapes in HPE StoreEver MSL3040

SOLVED
Go to solution
sozarch
Visitor

Console command to move tapes in HPE StoreEver MSL3040

I am looking for a console command (windows or linux) to move tapes in a HPE StoreEver MSL3040 tape library.

I tried HPE Library and Tape Tools, but I did not found a command, that i can integrate into a script.

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
venkat_y
HPE Pro

Hello@sozarch,

To move tapes in the HPE StoreEver MSL3040 tape library, you may use the HPE Library and Tape Tools. It is a collection of storage hardware management and utilities for HPE tape libraries.
Please refer to the below link 
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00002194en_us&page=GUID-D7147C7F-2016-0901-04BD-000000000A9F.html

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Venkat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Arnaud Delaloy
Valued Contributor
Solution

hello,

To manage libraries in CLI in linux  you have some commands such as mtx , for example to move a tape from slot 2 to slot 7 would be :  mtx -f /dev/sg2 eepos 0 transfer 2 7

( watch out for the slot numbering , on some libraries it starts at 0, moreover if it is partitionned  )

refer to the manpage for the exhaustive syntax , and do test them for your devices ! it can be quite finicky...

sozarch
Visitor

Thank you very much for the fast anweser. mtx was the solution.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @sozarch,

Perfect!

We are glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo