New Discussion юеВ

Alletra 6000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brian8jbm
Contributor

Alletra 6000

Hi Team,

While configuring 6000 appliance with 6050 controller with 276TB Raw capacity, performance displayed shows 2.1 GB/s sequential write performance on NinjaStars. How can we address the query of increasing this performance metric considerably to support 500 users VDI deployment?

Regards,
Brian
3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: Alletra 6000

Hi Brian

I request you to refer to the below link, which talks about deployment considerations.

URL: https://infosight.hpe.com/InfoSight/media/cms/active/public/tmg_HPE_Nimble_Storage_Deployment_Considerations_for_VMware_Horizon_View_doc_version_family.whz/kom1497992736447.html

Hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Thomas_Lam_HK
HPE Pro
Solution

Let's not focusing on the max sequential throughput as VDI loading are typically small block size dominant (4K ~ 8K)..,

The loading should be quite easy for this array system as assume 50 IOPS per user, 500 customer will be 25,000 IOPS in total. 

Remember, the golden rule is "Throughput = IOPS x block size", with 4K x 25,000 it will just be 100MB/s and with 8K it will be 200MB/s,  

And if you compare to the ceiling of an A6050, it still got much headroom for other workloads.

Thomas Lam - Global Storage Field CTO

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
Brian8jbm
Contributor

Noted Thomas!

Thank you for the support!