Software - General
1756762 Members
2961 Online
108852 Solutions
New Discussion

Looking for specific Intel NVM firmware version 0x8000080C to flash on an HPE 560SFP+ NIC

Tim61

Looking for specific Intel NVM firmware version 0x8000080C to flash on an HPE 560SFP+ NIC

Trying to obtain this(0x8000080c) NVM firmware version to flash a HPE 560SFP+ NIC under the Windows 7 Pro op system environment.

According to what I have been able to find out,  HPE partner Intel has "smart components" HPE packages their(Intel) firmware and drivers.

However, this converged network adapter(56SFP+) has to use Intel's NVMupdate tool so I assume the firmware package is also theirs? Any help in finding this firmware/driver package would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Sham82
HPE Pro

Re: Looking for specific Intel NVM firmware version 0x8000080C to flash on an HPE 560SFP+

Hello, 

Please share:

1. HPE Server Model
2. Operating system version installed.

Regards

HPE

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

krzysztofkrol

Re: Looking for specific Intel NVM firmware version 0x8000080C to flash on an HPE 560SFP+

To update the firmware on your HPE 560SFP+ NIC to the specific Intel NVM firmware version 0x8000080C, you can use the Intel Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Update Utility. This utility is designed for updating the NVM on Intel Ethernet Adapters and contains the NVM update utility, configuration file, updated NVM binaries, and required driver files.

You can download the NVM Update Package directly from Intel's website. The package is compatible with various operating systems, including Windows, which suits your requirement of updating the firmware under Windows 7 Pro. Once downloaded, you'll find detailed instructions in the readme file included in the package, which will guide you through the update process.

It's important to note that updating firmware can be a sensitive process. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully to avoid any potential damage to your NIC. If you're not confident in performing the update yourself, you might want to consider seeking assistance from a professional or from Intel's support team.