BladeSystem - General
1758356 Members
2350 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SKU without network interfaces on Gen9 BL460c?

SOLVED
Go to solution
lightSeeker
Advisor

SKU without network interfaces on Gen9 BL460c?

Hello,

I've just come to use a couple of second-hand Gen9 BL460c (blade server) that I bought a few years ago - and found no network interfaces.

Sure enough (to my surprise), there was no network adapter, and I learnt that the FlexLOMs come as mezzanine adapters.

Before I question my supplier on his claim that such shipments are standard - was it ever possible to buy a new Gen9 BL460c without a network interface? That is: was it possible to buy an SKU without network interfaces?

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
simoncorner
Advisor
Solution

Re: SKU without network interfaces on Gen9 BL460c?

Yes, I believe it was due to the number of various FlexLOMs that were available.

The good news is they are availlable for very small amounts of money used and new from various retailers.

lightSeeker
Advisor

Thank you - much appreciated!

Cheers,

Etienne

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @lightSeeker,

Perfect! 

We are glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
lightSeeker
Advisor

Here's a more detailed assessment.

QuickSpecs for the Gen9 BL460c states:

"NOTE: The server supports one (1) FlexibleLOM that is installed in the FlexibleLOM connectors and is already included in the pre-configured models. However, it must be added in Step 2 for Configure-to-Order Models. The FlexibleLOM options below are used to change these original FlexibleLOMs."

This clarifies that there are indeed models that come without a FlexibleLOM - and this means caveat emptor !

Cheers,

Etienne