HPE OneView
1755873 Members
4124 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Using OneView 6.6 but need to migrate to version 8. what pre reqs for the migration?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Koopa79
Occasional Contributor

Using OneView 6.6 but need to migrate to version 8. what pre reqs for the migration?

I have onview 6.6 installed, and we have blade chassis in this. So as we need to upgrade to version 7 / 8 then i need to deploy a new one. And then migrate what hosts etc that can migrate in to the newer version OneView.

The question is, is there newer list of firewall ports required in version 8? or is it all the same as 6.6?

Is the migration tool in version 8 and if so can you migrate direcetly from 6.6. to 8?

Would a new appliance need a new name? and does it deploy a new SNMP string? I assume a new string, as i would still need to run 6.6 for my older kit / Blade chassis

Can you migrate a selection of host at a time? or does it try to migrate everything?

2 REPLIES 2
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Using OneView 6.6 but need to migrate to version 8. what pre reqs for the migration?

System recommended content:

1. HPE OneView 6.6 Release Notes

2. HPE OneView 6.6 Installation Guide

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Using OneView 6.6 but need to migrate to version 8. what pre reqs for the migration?

The question is, is there newer list of firewall ports required in version 8? or is it all the same as 6.6?

Firewall ports have not changed between releases.  They remain the same between 6.6 through 8.0.

Is the migration tool in version 8 and if so can you migrate direcetly from 6.6. to 8?

Yes, and this will be the final release we support migrating from 6.6 to a newer HPE OneView release.

Would a new appliance need a new name?

Correct.

does it deploy a new SNMP string? I assume a new string, as i would still need to run 6.6 for my older kit / Blade chassis

No.  You can use the same SNMP community string.

Can you migrate a selection of host at a time? or does it try to migrate everything?

You can choose what supported servers you want to migrate.  The migration feature does not force you to migrate all supported servers between appliances.  There are further details in the Online Help Server Migration help topic here.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo