108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Daily snapshot alarms on replicated volume

hux
Occasional Advisor

Daily snapshot alarms on replicated volume

• Production Nimble: CS7000, software version 5.2.1
  • Backup Nimble: CS700, software version 5.0.10

I'm replicating a volume collection from the production SAN to the backup SAN. Every day, the backup SAN throws the following error about one of the volumes in that collection:

WARNING: Volume snapshot space usage over warning limit

On the destination Nimble, the snapshot part of Administration -> Space is set as follows:

• Snapshot Reserve: 0
  • Snapshot Quota: No limit
  • Snapshot Warning: 0

As I understand it, that basically means "Don't send me alerts about the amount of space snapshots are using."

Also, the production SAN no longer has those configurable options.; they were removed as of version 5.2.1. (The volume in question was created back when that SAN was on version 5.0.10, however.)

So, the obvious question: why is this daily alert getting triggered? And more importantly, how can I stop it?

2 REPLIES 2
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Hi hux

You may retrieve the alarm ID by running the following command:
     alarm --list 

To Delete the alarm:
     alarm --delete <alarm_id>

if there is no space issue then Removing the alarm will resolve this issue.

hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh
If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

hux
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Mahesh, I'll try that.

In general, is this a requirement for Nimble, that sometimes you have to manually delete alarms to stop them from triggering, even if the original condition that triggered it is no longer in effect? That's not been my experience with these systems. Maybe this applies to some types of alert and not others?