4774 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EOS and Virtual Connect

Xavier Walker
Advisor

EOS and Virtual Connect

OK,

Can someone please provide a link as to the announcement of EOL/EOS of c-class stuff?

VirtualConnect 10GbE has been around for some time but still pretty much the "latest" tech available, yet I've just realised that all of my Flex10 modules have been EOL for apparently 7 years (455880-B21) ?! and so the latest firmware that finally fixes Flash support is not available for the Flex10 modules I have - I need the Flex10/D interconnect modules. The firmware paper details that the 455800-B21 reached end of the 5-year support in July 2018 meaning the end of sale would have been July 2013. Yet this document with a last modification date of January 2014 makes no mention and still lists 455880 as a current product (https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04163759&doctype=quickspecs&doclang=EN_US&searchquery=&cc=th&lc=en)

I knew I had to plan for replacement of all of our blades, but the lack of clear information on dates of components is incredibly frustrating. I can understand old Cisco 3020 IC modules no longer being supported but 10GbE Flex10 ?!

Argh!

3 REPLIES 3
DANDKS
HPE Pro

Re: EOS and Virtual Connect

Hello Xavier,

Please find the information for the requested products below

Product SKU  Product Name                                                    EoDSP date     EoSSP date     EoSL date
455880-B21   HP BLc VC Flex-10 Enet Module Opt               31 Jul 2018
662048-B21   HPE VC Flex-10/10D Ent Ed BLc7000 Opt      31 Jul 2025      31 Dec 2021

EODSP = End of Divisional Support Period
EOSSP = End of Service Support Period
EOSL = End of Service/Support Life

Blanks = No date announced yet

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Xavier Walker
Advisor

Thanks, this is useful.

However, I have to ask: where is this information published? Is there a site where there is a table grouping all the products and their end dates?

I did see find one, but it excluded c-class servers and infrastructure. So it's impossible to know when these products will no longer be supported.

DANDKS
HPE Pro

Hello Xavier,

Greetings.

EoS/EoL information are available only through HPE channels. Through the dedicated accounts team. These information is not available on a public platform. Please contact HPE sales team or if you have a dedicated accounts team for more information.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo