6620 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: c7000 and Virtual Connect - network issues

nunez1980
Occasional Visitor

c7000 and Virtual Connect - network issues

Guys,

I need some help to clarify the issue we are facing.   (please note vlan map global configuration selected)

we have share uplink network set and on the cisco switch "mode access" and that results with no network connectivity on the host (no vlan taggin specified at the host), but if the switch is configure for mode trunk it works. (only one vlan is required for this specifit server the reason why mode access is desireble)

but after reading many of the hp documents, there looks to be two ways to configure

-------------

share uplink set at virtual connect

mode trunk at the cisco switch

-------------

vnet network (not using share uplink set when creating network)

mode accee at the cisco switch

-------------

thanks all.

Sam

4 REPLIES 4
chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

I will look to verify your comments but they seem right to me.

nunez1980
Occasional Visitor

Stevem
Frequent Advisor

@nunez1980 wrote:

Sam,

You are correct.  If you have only one VLAN to support, it is simpler to use a vNet and connect it to an access (untagged) port. 

The Native check box in the Shared Uplink Set would typically be used where you have multiple VLANs configured, and want one VLAN to be native (untagged), in which case the switch would be trunked (tagged) for all VLANs except the one defined as native.

Hope this helps.

Steve....

nunez1980
Occasional Visitor

That was the feeling I was getting, but wanted some confirmation as I didn't wanted to made any bad "practices" from the start.

Thanks again, all.

have a good one.

Sam