1748059 Members
4999 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Command View Error "Error while building Virtual Disk view"

Pakito
Advisor

Command View Error "Error while building Virtual Disk view"

I have this error when I display de Vdisk in the CV "Error while building Virtual Disk view" I attach the screen shot", the virtual disks are available in the servers,the version of the CV is 9.3, and the model and version of the EVA is EVA 4400 XCS 09534000, I install the CV 9.2 and 9.2.1, and also reinstall the OS of the server from windows 2003 to windows 2008 and still the problem.

Anybody now how can I will resolve this???
9 REPLIES 9
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Command View Error "Error while building Virtual Disk view"

Hi,

whoa, first time I've seen that.

What does it say in the management server log?

Are you having any problems with your vdisks?

What if you try to use SSSU to display information about the vdisk(s)?

Have you tried to log on to the management module and its CV and see if the problem is the same there too?
Pakito
Advisor

In the Management module is the same, I upgrade to de version of the MM but it's the same, all the virtual disks are OK in the servers without any problem, the logs in the server are OK, with only this warning,in the HPCC don't appear the vdisk, I didn't saw the output of the SSSU, but I run the 5 and 29 Command and all the hardware appear OK, only the Vdisks are lost, now I have a case with L3 and send me a tool because they think that MLD are corrupted, do you now why happened that???
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Ah. Well you should probably ask l3 why the mld (management logical drive i think) is corrupt. Happens sometimes. Were you doing anything? Have you upgraded recently?
Pakito
Advisor

yes, I upgrade the firmware and before that do and add-on
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

There always been a firmware bugs issue with 095xx series firmware and many of them rolled back by HP in past. This one also seems like a bug because if your upgradation was done without any glitch and error then ask L3 for its reason.

L3 will be able to tell you more if it is a bug in this firmware.

Please post once you get the solution from them.

Thanks,
BK
Pakito
Advisor

L3 only said that the MLD waa corrupted so they send me a tool (EVA Magic) and a blank MLD, so the instruction was stopped the CV service, run the EVA Magic and then load the blank MLD, after that restart the CV service and wait to repopoulate the tree in the CV, after that with a capture of the configuration before the trouble change the name of all the objects in CV.
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

Thanks mate for sharing the response from HP.

Well did it solved your issue completely?
Pakito
Advisor

Yes, the Command Viwe work without any trouble
Pakito
Advisor

ok