Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compaq HBAs under linux

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Bainter
Advisor

Compaq HBAs under linux

I have some of the storageworks 64bit/66mhz fibre hbas that compaq made. It's my understanding that they have excellent linux support, but I'm curious to see if I can get any direct testmonials of experience from some others who've used them.
3 REPLIES
Kodjo Agbenu
Honored Contributor

Re: Compaq HBAs under linux

Hi,

The main Compaq HBA is FCA 2101, which is made by Emulex (model LP952).

Emulex has an excellent support for Linux :

http://www.emulex.com/ts/docfc/linuxframe.htm

Good luck.

Kodjo
Learn and explain...
Mark Bainter
Advisor

Hrm. Ok, I don't have that designation anywhere, so just to be sure, my HBAs were purchased for use with the RA4100 raid boxes, and have a cpq part# of 120188-821.
Roberto_30
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi
all works fine under RA4100 with this HBA PCI to FC for Linux (FC-AL & FC-SW). Part number is 167433-B21
in EMEA
Hope this can help you !
Regards Roberto