Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL*Plus Command Help

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jacky Wong_1
Occasional Advisor

SQL*Plus Command Help

Dear Sir,
I am a beginner of Oracle. I just try to use SQL*Plus to examine the database. But I don't know use SQL*PLus command to view or check the database struture, user, databse, table and any administration task. Any one has some useful material for database administration that include the SQL*PLUS command. Many Thanks!
Jacky Wong
3 REPLIES
Thierry Poels_1
Honored Contributor

Re: SQL*Plus Command Help

Hey,

if you're an Absolute Beginner ;) I would recommend to use DBA Studio to browse around the database.
This tool resides on the Oracle Client CD.

good luck,
Thierry.
All unix flavours are exactly the same . . . . . . . . . . for end users anyway.
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Hi,

search a bookstore like Amazoon for

"ORACLE DBA HANDBOOK"

There is one from Oracle Press, which covers all you need. I think there is a new one available for version 9.

This woold be a good starter.
Volker
Andreas D. Skjervold
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

You can use this searchable docs from Oracle: (requires an free OTN user account, that is handy anyway)
http://download-uk.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/nav/sql_keywords.htm

or the SQL reference:
http://download-uk.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/server.901/a90125/toc.htm

or you could buy the Oracle 8i Complete Reference:
Hardcover - 1308 pages Bk&Cd Rom edition (May 23, 2000)
McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing; ISBN: 0072123648

Have fun!

Andreas
Only by ignoring what everyone think is important, can you be aware of what everyone ignores!