3050 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Installation iMC 7.3 with remote MySQL DB

DDGadmin
Occasional Advisor

Installation iMC 7.3 with remote MySQL DB

Hello,

I have a small problem. My existing IMC server has a physical defect. So I wanted to install a new server.
I install a MySQL Server 5.7 on a Linux system. The new server is a Windows Server 2016.
If I want to install the IMC I can not enter the database setting. If I understand the instructions correctly, I need a MySQL client. I have already installed the MySQL Workbench and added it to the path variable. Nevertheless, I can not enter DB information.

Can anyone give me a hint where I can find a suitable MySQL client or how I can install the IMC with a remote MySQL database.

2 REPLIES 2
drk787
HPE Pro

Re: Installation iMC 7.3 with remote MySQL DB

Hi,

Hi

If IMC use a remote database server, install the MySQL on the database sever and install MySQL client of the same server as IMC. The MySQL client must be installed before you install IMC. During IMC installation, you must select 'other server' and specify the server address to test the database connection.

Refer the sections 'Installing the MySQL client' and 'Installing the MySQL server' in the below IMC MySQLinstallation and configuration guide for more information.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05367563

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

DDGadmin
Occasional Advisor

Re: Installation iMC 7.3 with remote MySQL DB

Hello rajkumar787,

i have install the MySQL CLient from die Install Dokument. In the iMC Installer can i not change at Database conection from MSSQL to other server