1748211 Members
4781 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Installing IMC 7.0 fails: Cannot find database or database client

sir_timbit
Occasional Contributor

Installing IMC 7.0 fails: Cannot find database or database client

Hi there, I'm very new to IMC 7.0 and am trying to install the 60-day trial version. This is a test setup on Windows 2008 R2 + MySQL 5.6 on the same box. I'm finding the install process not as straightforward as expected from the manual and hoping someone can advise.

The path environment variables have been updated. I've unzipped all compressed files. I've installed Java JRE. I ran envcheck.bat and it passed all tests. When I run install.bat, I choose typical installation. It then prompts to choose a folder for "Components location" which for me is C:\iMCinstall\windows\install\components. The Checking installation environment window appears and I get "Checking database installation....Failed. Cannot find database or database client."

Again, I ran envcheck.bat. I did have to enter the database password, but database connectivity and all other tests passed after that. The install batch file doesn't bring up the window to enter the database password shown in the manual, which looks to be the same window envcheck brings up.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
sir_timbit
Occasional Contributor

Re: Installing IMC 7.0 fails: Cannot find database or database client

Ended up re-downloading the install files...This one had the install.bat at the expected location, and when run the window came up prompting for the database password, which worked. So install is proceeding nicely now....