New Discussion юеВ

Multihomed System "System Link Configuration" problem

Angel Garcia Merino
Occasional Advisor

Multihomed System "System Link Configuration" problem

I have a system with 3 IP Addresses:

NIC 1: 10.9.0.1 for external communications

NIC 2: 192.168.23.2 for communications with EVA 4400, using a crossover cable

NIC 3: 192.168.9.2 for communications with a Virtual Server Virtual Machine hosted on the same server, using a "Microsoft loopback adapter"

Withing HP SIM I am using the "system IP address" in the "System Link Configuration" to avoid name resolution problems.

The system is registered in HP SIM with its three IP addresses. When I click the "System Management HomePage" link HP SIM builds a link using an IP address not accessible externally (192.168.*.*)

Is there any way to say HP SIM which of the three IP address must use for links?

I discover the system using the external IP address, but the next "Daily System Identification" task adds the other IP addresses to the system.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any answer
3 REPLIES 3
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Multihomed System "System Link Configuration" problem

you could try adding in the other two ip addresses into the ip exclusions list for discovery and deleting the entries for those ip addresses.

hope this helps

Angel Garcia Merino
Occasional Advisor

I know how to add the ip in the exclusion list, but I don't know how to delete the entries for the ip addresses
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

angel,

if you don't want to use name resolution, then the way to remove the other ip addresses is to use mxnode on the hp sim server. but you'll have to do it every day as the change is'nt one you can prevent discovery overwriting.

mxnode -lf 'system_name' >'filename'.xml

edit 'filename'.xml to remove other ip addresses

mxnode -m -f 'filename'.xml

hope this helps