1751751 Members
4208 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

"There was a problem with your request, please try again later."

David Orwig
Regular Advisor

"There was a problem with your request, please try again later."

I get this message when I click on anything related to version control from the Insight Manger console.

Deploy>Software/Firmware Baselines

Options>Software/Firmware

Even just clicing on any software version status button

However, when I connect my browser directly to the VCR (via port2381) everything inside the VCR works fine, even creating new custom baselines.

Cycled the server, where do I start to look?

4 REPLIES 4
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: "There was a problem with your request, please try again later."

Hello David,

Did you select the VCRM to use within Hp SIM ? You can choose the default VCRM in the baseline menu.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

"Did you select the VCRM to use within Hp SIM ?" Not exactly sure what you mean by that, but it could be the issue.

The VCR is working and I am able to pull updates and compare installed updates to available updates using the VCA on the client. I am able to add new updates (CPxxxxxx.exe) to the VCR and the associated .mnf file are created and are shown as available at the client using the VCA and "refresh the inventory data" link on the VCA. Also on the VCRM I see systems connected to the VCR when I click on the "reports" tab.

The issue is on the SIM pages, It's as if the CMS and VCR are not linked. All servers have a question mark icon for the Software Version Status and if I click on any of them I get "There was a problem with your request, please try again later.", along with the original symptoms outlined above.

Anytime I click on anything 'software" related I get that same message.

David Orwig
Regular Advisor

Just install VCRM 7.2.2.0 (CP020111) to no avail.

Do I have to wait until SIM 7.2.2 is out? (Rumored to be released early October, well, It's early October.)

Anybody got any ideas? .... Bueller.....Bueller.....

David Orwig
Regular Advisor

Attached you will see a capture of the message.... I have uninstalled and reinstalled the VCRM. All software updates work from the VCA, I can reun the updates and see the SPP or custom baselines.

It's the link from SIM to VCRM that seems to be broke, anyone have ANY ideas?