Operating System - HP-UX
1752664 Members
5790 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Syncing on Ignite Server Image to another Ignite Server

Syncing on Ignite Server Image to another Ignite Server

My scenario: I have an Ignite Server in a "test" environment from which to ignite other systems in that test environment, which is on a 172.xx.xx.xx network segment.

I also have an Ignite Server in our production environment, residing on a 10.xx.xx.xx network segment. Since the production Ignite Server is far more up to date with patches, etc I now would like to "copy" this Ignite image to my test Ignite Server. What would be a good solution to do this, keeping in mind the network segragation? What files at a minimum would have to be copied? I could possibly move the test ignite server to the production ignite server network segment, if that were to make this process easier.

Thank you in advance, Andy
3 REPLIES 3
John Poff
Honored Contributor

Re: Syncing on Ignite Server Image to another Ignite Server

Hi Andy,

If I understand your question, you want to update the Ignite server software of your test box? Probably the easiest way to do that is to just upgrade to the latest version of Ignite and load any Ignite patches. That would seem to be much easier than trying to copy all the Ignite files over from one box to another box and hoping that you got everything you needed.

JP

Actually, I'm quite ok with the Ignite UX software on the Ignite Server, I'd like to get all other files (patchbundles, scripts, etc) that are on the Production Ignite Server and move them over so that I can also use them on the Test Environment Ignite Server.
John Dvorchak
Honored Contributor

In that case I would simply copy all of the /opt/ignite and /var/opt/ignite files across to the test box. You can either tar them up or cpio them to insure that you get all of the files and subdirs. Be sure and let it over write existing files on the test box.
If it has wheels or a skirt, you can't afford it.