Insight Remote Support
1752719 Members
5715 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM Remote Support Configuration and Services goes to System Management Page for my HP SIM server

Craig Wuerzberger

HP SIM Remote Support Configuration and Services goes to System Management Page for my HP SIM server

Hello all,

I have recently had to recreate my HP SIM system because of a system crash. I have been able to recover or recreate all aspects except for the Remote Support and Contract and Warranty abilities.

If I go into HP SIM and go to Options -> Remote Support Configuration and Services, the system redirects me to the login page for the System Management page for my HP SIM server. The URL comes through as https://:2381/cpqlogin.php?errno=101&severity=4 and the page shows ERROR: Authorization required

Also, if I attempt to run a Contract and Warranty Data Collection, they fail telling me...

Sending contract and warranty request to the hp.com back-end contract and warranty service using Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client.

The Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client is either not installed or is a version older than is supported with the HP SIM contract and warranty gathering tool.

I have checked the versions and verified the connection to HP and everything appears to be working from the server.

Thanks for any help.
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM Remote Support Configuration and Services goes to System Management Page for my HP SIM server

That does sound like RSP isn't installed correctly.
I would look at rerunning the HPSIM Install, choosing custom and see if that gave any options to install RSP.
Unfortunately the RSP Package seems to be made up of quite a few packages. I'm still struggling with what bits do what.
I've also noticed that RSP does seem to rely on the SMH. If you leave HPSIM on the RSP pages they time out like the SMH does.
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP SIM Remote Support Configuration and Services goes to System Management Page for my HP SIM server

Hello Craig,
RSC uses the SMH of the CMS.
This will help to make RSC work again:
Remove in RSSWM the kits, RSC, RSCC, RSCCE, RSESL, and if installed MVAA, Advanced Config. Collector depot for Hp-UX.
Remove in "Add or Remove Programs" RSC and RSCC if it exists there.
Delete everything in ..\HP\RemoteSupport, ..\HP\RemoteSupportEligible, ..\HP\UnifiedCollector.
Reinstall the kits in RSSWM.
Re-registering is necessary.
Regards, Werner
Craig Wuerzberger

Thanks Werner, after doing what you suggested I now get the Registration screen, however when I submit registration I get the following message...

Updating information and registering the client....Failed!

If I look in the iseeclient.log file I see this message...

20090710T14:25:45 | IseeClient | error | ResponseHandler.cxx:231 | ERROR DURING TRANSPORT, transport type=registration transport id=9A11D6F5-AC60-40B5-BEB1-2D783E57A376 Error details: error code=100 error string=Failed to get GDID! isClient=true

This server has direct access to the internet with no blocking from a firewall and when I do a test connection from RSSM it completes successfully.

Thanks.
Peter Stuart
Occasional Contributor

Hi
I found similar problem when I had to re-install HP SIM. The problem was related to the HPSIM server certificate being used by the SMH. I removed and re-added the certificate in SMH using the servername to import the cert and the problem accessing RSP was resolved.
Regards
PSM.
Noor Atisha

Peter

Can you tell me where the certificate is exactly? That would help me out alot.

Thanks in advance