1745834 Members
4057 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM with EVA integration

Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

HP SIM with EVA integration

I want to configure Email alert for my EVA 6400 storage using HP SIM. How to do that ?? what are the components are required ??
In my customer place , they dont have internet access due to security reasons, so i will not be able to configure RSP. So i want the Storage management software Command View EVA to send an smtp email alert if any any issues happens on storage. So i want to integrate the Command view EVA with HP SIM.. how to do this ??

Or is there any other methods to configure Email alerts for the storage ??
8 REPLIES 8
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HP SIM with EVA integration

You can download WEBES from http://www.compaq.com/support/svctools/webes/index.html .
This is the part of RSP which analyze the CommandView EVA entries in the Windows Event log. The setup is not so easy as with the RSP package. But if you download the documentation before it should be no problem. The advantage you can install it directly on the CommandView EVA server. If you like you can send a service trap to your SIM Server which indicates that a HW failure was found.

You should also know that you can install RSP without internet connection. https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=RSADVANCED during the installation you need to tell that you want to do an offline installation.
It is not so clean because the Remote Support Client is also installed.

Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

I need any easiest way to configure email alert on the storage.. is there any tools available ?? Can i use only SIM to discover the storage and configure alerts via smtp for the storage ??

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

No, SIM alone is not solution. You can not configure a standalone SIM server to get useful EVA information. The Events are normally polled by WEBES. WEBES does the filtering between local events and HW failure.
If you need an easy way for emails. I would recommend WEBES on the CommandView EVA Server.

But If you have a EVA 6400 HP should tell you the best way for HW monitoring without internet access. If you have a warranty or a service contract I would encourage you to talk to the local HP service organization.

We made very good service experience at some customer by sending the WEBES mail content to HP services.

WEBES 6.1 also supports WBEM and SNMP and can handle other HP Products like HP Proliant/Integrity products. If a customer does only have a tiny number (<10) of systems you could work even with WEBES standalone (SIM would only be needed if you like to have HW inventory and regular pooling that you can recognize systems which totally fail.
Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

WEBES is easy to implement ?? I have seen the installation document and it seems quit complex.

I have Command view version 9.3 installed in the storage management server. So can i install this WEBES on the same server ??? So there is not need to install HP SIM in a separate server if i use WEBES ???

Also i found in Command View 9.3, there is a option to configure Email notification ?? do you have any idea about this feature ???

If you pls share the WEBES direct installation document ?
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

>WEBES is easy to implement ?
Yes if you need only the HW Monitoring for the EVA. No if you want to monitor also other HP HW

>I have Command view version 9.3 installed >in the storage management server. So can i >install this WEBES on the same server ?
Yes if you have enough memory.

>So there is not need to install HP SIM in a >separate server if i use WEBES ?
Yes see also first Answer

>Also i found in Command View 9.3, there is >a option to configure Email notification ??
You can define that CommandView sends an email if a log entry happens.
WEBES has a filter included and tells you if this is an event which should be forward to HP e.g. Disk needs to be replaced.

You can download the documentation from the same page as mention above. http://www.compaq.com/support/svctools/webes/index.html The step by step installation is included. Take care about the prereqs.
Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the information
Webex is safe to install on a working storage ? Storage is already in live now.
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

WEBES does no direct connection to the storage.
But because I do not know what else is running on that system I can only recommend that you need to ask the person which has done the installations of your commanview EVA Server.
Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

Only Command view management software is installed in the system. there is no other applications installed. Pls tell me , is there any issues to the storage configuration for installing WEBES ??