1751931 Members
5016 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to communicate with the Remote Support Configuration Collector

Alice Seeley
Frequent Advisor

Unable to communicate with the Remote Support Configuration Collector

We are working on migrating to SIM 6.3 but have a production sim server with SIM 5.3 and insight remote support 5.5. Recently we noticed that the eva storage arrays have not been sending notifications to HP. When I went to the remote support configuration and services and I try to click on the storage services, I see the above error message. Any thoughts on what could cause this? Also tried to see server serivces and got the same messages.

2 REPLIES 2
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unable to communicate with the Remote Support Configuration Collector

Your error message has nothing to do with the communication to HP. You should check if your desta_service is still running.
"desta status" will tell you if desta is still working. The "wccproxy test" should generate a service event inside HP SIM.

Your error message only indicates that your system is not able to collect Configuration information. Perhaps your Unified Collector service is broken or not correct configured.
Check if the HP Unified Collector Service UC is running.
"ucadmin getdev -all" will help.

You also should know that you have support from HP if your EVA Storage is under service contract or warranty.
bernardo.gonzalez

Re: Unable to communicate with the Remote Support Configuration Collector

Hi

Your "HP Unidied Collector Service" is down.

Start the service and try again.

If the services fail to start go to: \Program Files\HP\UnifiedCollector\conf
Replace the uc_config.xml file with the one stored in: \Program Files\HP\UnifiedCollector\conf\newconf

Start the service again, it should work this time.