1748118 Members
3583 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

2012i throughput question

jason gring
Occasional Contributor

2012i throughput question

have a single controller MSA2012i, and am in the process of getting it configured.

I have is set up and am using sqlio to test the throughput, but it seems no matter how many drives i have I can't get bast around 110Mb/sec which seems slow to me.

Also noticed that watching the network utilization on the server, and monitoring the msa that the utzilization never goes over 50% of either port of the dual port 380T nic we ar using. I if i only use 1 nice it will use 99%. Any reason why i cant get over 50% utilization ?
2 REPLIES 2
Kevin Hand
Occasional Advisor

Re: 2012i throughput question

There seems to be a major issue with performance on the MSA 2012i. I posted a detailed entry onto this forum as I have an outstanding support issue with HP on this very subject.

I have just checked and my posting has disappeares.

There are a number of other posting on this forum regading poor performance and BXOIS errors in the system event log
pviellieux

Re: 2012i throughput question

Did you ever get this resolved? I would be thrilled with 100 MB/s, even the 40 to 50 I've seen complaints about. I'm only getting 20 max, usually more like 3 to 7. I have a dual controller model hooked up to a 2824 switch, and dual port Gb Nics on the server.