MSA Storage
1752427 Members
5617 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Data Protector Schedule repeat

Dirk Paugh

Data Protector Schedule repeat

I am running Data Protector 6 with all the latest patches. Recently the scheduled backups have been running twice at the same time. Of course one fails because the devices are all busy. I have tried deleting the schedules and recreating them. I deleted the schedules with the GUI and then deleted the text files from the hard drive before recreating the schedules with the GUI. This happens on every scheduled backup. The cell manager is running Windows 2003 R2 x64 with all the latest patches. This is a recent development. The system has run without problems for approximately two months. Are there any problems with the new patches?
4 REPLIES 4
CA2491

Re: Data Protector Schedule repeat

This may be a simple thing, but check the root crontab and see if omnitrig is scheduled twice.
Rob...
IF you do it more than twice, write a script.
Dirk Paugh

I know crontab is available but is it available in windows. I am running Data Protector on a windows box and not a unix box.
Dirk Paugh

Is this a problem that nobody else is experiencing? I posted thinking that this was a simple thing and somebody would have experience with this issue. Does anyone know the process data protector uses to determine when to run backups? I have deleted and recreated the schedules, I have deleted and recreated the backup jobs, and I have deleted the schedules and the text files in the directory \Config\Server\Schedules. These actions did not change anything. So the suggestion about crontab may be on the right track but I don't know what mechanism data protector is using to run scheduled tasks in Windows. It seems that data protector is running the task twice for some reason. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Dirk Paugh

It seems that subsequent patches solve the problem because it went away.