Networking
1748181 Members
4028 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NetBEUI files 4 XP WITHOUT retail CDROM???

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ron Scheldrup

NetBEUI files 4 XP WITHOUT retail CDROM???

I need help! I've seen the process for adding NetBEUI to WinXp in hundreds of places, but every one says to copy the files from the XP CDROM. HP doesn't ship a CDROM with their Pavilions, and I'm dead in the water without the nbf.sys and netnbf.inf files. Can somebody PLEASE tell me where I can download them?!

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Ron Scheldrup

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that link yesterday and the self-extracting file checks to see if it is being run on the appropriate Compaq machine and aborts if it isn't :-(

A simple search by Yahoo or Google isn't the answer - I've tried dozens of matches, and they ALL parrot the "copy the files from the XP CDROM blah-blah-blah" text. Any other thoughts? Do you know somebody with a retail XP CD that could email them to me?

-Ron
Rob Strickland
Occasional Advisor

Tell me the files and an email and you got yourself some files.
Rob Strickland
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I believe these are the files? (ZIP Sfx archive)
Ron Scheldrup

Excellent, Rob!!! Thank you very much!
Rob Strickland
Occasional Advisor

Absolutly np at all...
Susan Omoto

I'm having exactly the same problem -- but not in "hundreds of places." I just need to make my Pavilion notebook work with my (NetBEUI) network.

Any chance I can get those files, too?

Thanks, in advance.
Ron Scheldrup

Can you see the response of Rob Strickland on 5/31? There is a paper clip on the upper left side that will let you download an executable conatining the required files.

If you have trouble retrieving that file, I have attached a zipped version to my message. Just unzip the files and follow the simple directions in the .txt file.

I hope this helps!
-Ron