1753481 Members
4037 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems with fbackup with NFS

catastro
Super Advisor

Problems with fbackup with NFS

Hi all. I have a server that is acting as the NFS server for my net, and I save the data of several FS on the NFS FS (mounted on the clients).
The thing is, the commands executas perfectly, but it hangs at the end and we have to kill the process (but all the data is saved).
And also it does not write an entry into a text file commenting what have been done, and in which date.
I guess all this has to be with the NFS getting hung. Any ideas on how to look more things and to solve? Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems with fbackup with NFS

Hi Castro,

Do you have NFS and network patches upto date?
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
catastro
Super Advisor

Yes I do have the latest nfs and network patches. I execute a swa all weeks.
rajv
Advisor

Hi

Check the NFS filesystem anybody using in the time of backup.
Before starting the backup kill all the users and do the activity.

or

You can use some other tools like cpio,make_net_recovery,tar to take the backup.

Regards
-VRS-
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>the commands executes perfectly, but it hangs

What commands and which hangs?
catastro
Super Advisor

The command that is hanging at the end if the fbackup (and I have to kill the process), but when I look at the files that have been saved, it seems to have done everything perfectly.
But it does not update the .db file where is supossed to fill in with the things it have done (when we use in Incremental mode).
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

Has this ever worked? If so, when did it stop working and what changed? If it never worked, are you expecting it to work differently?

Dave
I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo