Servers and Operating Systems
Have questions about servers and operating systems? Find information, share knowledge, and discuss solutions with these HPE Community blogs and forums.
Forums
Knowledge Base
Group Hubs
Operating System - HP-UX

Join the conversation with experts and colleagues

Posted to:
Original author:
Hello all, We package our java based product with the HPUX JDK 8 file, currently using 1912_Java80_1.8.0.19.00_HP-UX_B.11.31_IA.depot which is 143Mb is size, all good, it installs and runs on HP-UX 11i without issue. We now want to use JDK 11 so I do...
Posted to:
Original author:
Need some helps. I am working on an old HP-UX system with ia64 CPU and want to build the librdkafka library for the system. However, the old HP-UX system does not have bash, mklove, cmake, so I can not use any tools provided within the source packet...
Posted to:
Original author:
Does anyone know what the latest patch that HP released for 11.11 (v1) was? I'm trying to hunt it down. Thanks Jesse / Cypress Technology Inc
Posted to:
Original author:
I'd like to routinely rename a bunch of files, using their modification date as part of the filename. This process might or might not involve other commands on the files as well (like gzip). Ideally it would start with something to narrow down the fi...
Posted to:
Original author:
Does anyone know what the latest patch that HP released for 11.11 (v1) was? I'm trying to hunt it down. Thanks Jesse / Cypress Technology Inc
Posted to:
Original author:
Good morning, In order to fix a vulnerability : CVE-2011-0896 Plug-in 69799 i need to install ONCplus_B.11.31.11 depot but having trouble locating the download . The link provided on the associated document below appears stale and struggling to locat...
Posted to:
Original author:
In my experience, HP-UX is the best Unix available; better than AIX and way better than Solaris. It’s not without its flaws, but in terms of resiliency, ease of use, and general capability it’s head and shoulders above the competition. With that in m...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hello, Several people asked me how to do it on HP-UX 11.31. It is worthwhile to summarize. a) LVM method (to copy ISO into a logical volume) is the same as for older HP-UX releases: 1. Find out the size of the ISO image: # du -k /mydir/myfile.iso 2....
Posted to:
Original author:
Hello, It is my pleasure to share information. Yes, I know that these commands are not known to majority of users :) I am a Senior Instructor in HP Education and IT Architect in Australia/New Zealand (teaching all sorts of HP-UX, Solaris, LInux (Red...
  • Legend
  • New MessagesNew Messages
  • No New Messages No New Messages
  • Hot TopicHot Topic
  • Replied-to Thread Replied-to Topic
  • Read Only ThreadRead-Only Topic
Events
HPE Webinars
Find out about the latest live broadcasts and on-demand webinars
Read more
Online Expert Days
Visit this forum and get the schedules for online Expert Days where you can talk to HPE product experts, R&D and support team members and get answers...
Read more