Operating System - HP-UX
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Join the conversation with experts and colleagues to get advice, discuss issues, and find solutions
Posted to:
Original author:
Hi I have the error message "Shared memory does not exist" in one of our service running in HP-UX server, but there are no error relevant to shared memory in system error log. kindly let me know whether the shared memory issue will not be w...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hi, We are migrating our hpux bl890c from an EVA to a 3par storage system. We bought HPE Services boot from san to simplify our migraiton. The HPE person have created a mirror between VG00 on EVA and a lun presented from the 3par. We just need to ens...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hi, Would someone be able to advise how I can create a SHA512 hash for a data file e.g. csv? We are doing some data transfer (automated) and would like to have this hash to ensure the integrity of the data file that is being sent over. What I have re...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hi There, I cannot take an ignite backup of the server (HPUX 10.20), because of hosts of issues in there, as I had rebuilt the server from an ignite backup of another server. The details are as follows: unknown:/> make_recovery -r -d /dev/rmt/c1t0...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hi there, I had restored a server from other server's backup and now facing a challange of taking an Ignite backup to be future-safe. Could anyone tell me, what is the best device file to take an ignite backup on this one, as other device files are n...
Posted to:
Original author:
Dear All, From last few weeks we are facing a problem with our production environment. We have installed a VM with hp-ux operating sytem and have installed SAP ERP with Oracle database. Our Operating System version is HP-UX B.11.31 u ia64(ta) and dat...
Posted to:
Original author:
In my experience, HP-UX is the best Unix available; better than AIX and way better than Solaris. It’s not without its flaws, but in terms of resiliency, ease of use, and general capability it’s head and shoulders above the competition. With that in m...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hello, Several people asked me how to do it on HP-UX 11.31. It is worthwhile to summarize. a) LVM method (to copy ISO into a logical volume) is the same as for older HP-UX releases: 1. Find out the size of the ISO image: # du -k /mydir/myfile.iso 2....
Posted to:
Original author:
Hello, It is my pleasure to share information. Yes, I know that these commands are not known to majority of users :) I am a Senior Instructor in HP Education and IT Architect in Australia/New Zealand (teaching all sorts of HP-UX, Solaris, LInux (Red...
  • Legend
  • New MessagesNew Messages
  • No New Messages No New Messages
  • Hot TopicHot Topic
  • Replied-to Thread Replied-to Topic
  • Read Only ThreadRead-Only Topic
Events
See posts for dates
See posts for locations
HPE at 2018 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2018.
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2018
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more
Top Authors
Acclaimed Contributor
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor