Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cert Installation

jenny_17
Advisor

Cert Installation

Hi all,

Would like to ask about SSL certificate.

I have a Web Server installed with SSL certificate. The cert is signed by a CA created by myself (through MS Cert Server). When I go to the web site by https, a security alert prompt saying that the CA is non-trust and I need to press "Yes" in order to access the web site.

Is there anyway that I can bypass the security alert and go to the website directory ? I can accept one-time installation on workstation level. I know I can achieve it by installing the Root trust for that CA so that the client workstation will trust each cert issued by that CA as I've tried it successfully. However, I would be more restrictive that I want to trust that cert only. That is, I trust that CA issue the cert to my WebServer ONLY. That is, after the on-time installation, I can access that website directory. When there is another SSL website installed with a cert signed by my CA also, my workstation will prompt the security alert.
Or in another word, is there any way to trust the cert instead of trusting the CA ? I've tried to install the cert by click the "Insall certificate" button, but it only install on the intermediate cert. Once I close the IE and go to the website again, the security alert prompt. Any solution? Thanks.