Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message

Stanley W. Gould
Occasional Visitor

Error Message

First, let me apologize to the professionals in the business by saying that I am a REAL NOVICE when it comes to computers. I have received an error message when attempting to optimize my system for optimum performance, stating "acpi irq holder for pci irq steering has a problem." What does this stuff mean, and how do I fix it? Please respond with a solution, as my wife (also a newbie) is upset, and thinks I broke a cupholder or something like that. Thanks!
1 REPLY
Mike McKinlay
Honored Contributor

Re: Error Message

Stan -- is the system still working? What product did you use for the optimization?
"Hope springs eternal."