Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant Support Pack (PSP) Version Matrix

David Claussen
Regular Advisor

Proliant Support Pack (PSP) Version Matrix

I am trying to figure out what PSP's go with what servers, with what OS/s. I have old servers, new servers, W2k and W2k3. NOW I see that there is a PSP 8.0, BUT it will not work on my older servers. I have spent the last hour trying to find ANYTHING on the HP site about this, but only found a bit on PSP 7.60 being that last version to support non-BRSU servers. In that list I see ML570 for instance, but I have ML570s and ML570 G2s.

Is there a PSP support/compatibility matrix?

And for goodness sakes - would someone PLEASE clean up / de-bloat the HP.COM site?!?!?!?!
3 REPLIES
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant Support Pack (PSP) Version Matrix

Start by moving Windows questions out of the
Linux forum?
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant Support Pack (PSP) Version Matrix

General advice:

Go to www.hp.com and click on "Software and driver downloads", type in the server you've got (ML570), select the correct model, select the operating system you're using, and you get a comprehensive list of all the stuff (latest versions) that is supported on that server. If PSP 8.00 is not on there, then it's not supported on that server.

I do that every time. I've never bothered with general rules and support matricies - there's just too many options to keep on top of it.

Once a server or server family is past about 5 years old (the ML570-G1 certainly is), no more drivers.