Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dos printout from usb printer

ramadashsuresh
Frequent Advisor

dos printout from usb printer

hai

i would like to know how to get a dos print out from usb printer. i am using a compaq laptop installed winXP it has only a com and usb port but my most of works are dos based application and also i have a 80 col wipro dot matrix printer it has been connected to laptop through usb to lpt convertor

There is no problem geting print out from windows based application whereas in dos i can't. Any one knows idea share with me
1 REPLY
Jessica Kay
Occasional Visitor

Re: dos printout from usb printer

A simpler solution for all your DOS printing problems from XP may be the following:

Assuming you have a printer working on a USB port. Add a new printer which is the same as the one on the USB port (same name ,same driver) but say that it is on LPT1:.
Go to your USB printer port settings and turn on printer pooling between ports USB00x and LPT1:

Any jobs sent to LPT1: will be automatically rerouted to the USB port because the fake printer on LPT1: is always off-line.

-Google is really nice for finding problems. :-)
-http://geekswithblogs.net/dtotzke/articles/26204.aspx
-That is where the orginal post is from.