Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vista installation problems.

Aaron issac
Occasional Visitor

vista installation problems.

Hi guys im tryin to install Vista home premium (oem) on my HP Pavilion Media Center a1388d Desktop PC. My system passes the vista upgrade advisor and meets all requirements.

When i boot with the vista cd i get the 'windows is loading files' progress bar, once that is done i get a blue screen with the following error 'STOP: 0X0000005C ...'

Im always met with that blue screen and i cant install vista. Thanks guys for your help.
1 REPLY
Paul Slijkhuis
Valued Contributor

Re: vista installation problems.

A simple google search query deliveres the following suggestions:
- adjust power savings settings in BIOS
- update BIOS to most recent

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us&q=vista+install+stop+error+5c

Instead of booting from cd, you might want to try the upgrade feature from within your current Windows XP.

-Paul

nb: it helps to put down the entire error message, since this contains root cause info for the tech people.
IT Architect, contractor